- Regrettably the Foundation has insufficient housing opportunities to meet the demand. For that reason we work with two waiting lists, one for students and one for alumni (graduates).
- The Foundation may change its policies as contained herein without notice.
- The Foundation reserves the right to deviate from these policies in exceptional cases.
Registration on the waiting list
- Registration on the waiting list is for full time students only.
- In order to register you need:
a. Student number of the Conservatory of Amsterdam and payment of the tuition fees.
b. Fully filled out application form;
c. To pay the registration fee of Euro 25.- on account number NL 16 INGB 0001463753 in favour of Vereniging Vrienden van het Jan Pietersz. Huis, Amsterdam, reference: ‘waiting list’ and the student’s name.
- The registration is valid until December 31st of the current year. If the student wishes to remain on the waiting list, each year will have a further payment of Euro 25,-to be made prior to December 31st.
- A vacant room/flat (hereinafter: object) will be offered in an email to all students on the waiting list. This email will contain the address, size, rent, date of availability and -if possible- further information. Specific extra requirements may apply to some objects , such as age, type of instrument, approval by existing tenants etc..
- The email will also contain a reaction deadline. This term will be applied strictly
- The object will be offered for a viewing to the reacting student holding the highest position on the waiting list and who also fulfils the possible additional conditions.
- The offer for the viewing will also contain a reaction deadline. This term will be applied strictly. The offer is automatically withdrawn if it is rejected or if no timely reaction is received.
- A student may reject an offer. Rejection of two different offers will result in the demotion of the student to the last position on the waiting list.
- All rooms/apartments are unfurnished unless explicitly stated otherwise.
- 13. Some have a private kitchen, shower and lavatory (self-contained flats) others have shared facilities.
- All rental agreements are concluded for a minimum term of one year.
- Within 5 days following graduation or termination of the study, students must terminate the agreement taking into account a minimum term of one month and a maximum of six months.
- 16. At the signing of the rental agreement, students are required to pay a deposit. This amount will returned to the tenant at the end of the rental agreement if there are no payment arrears and the object is in a good state as required by the agreement (see 20 below).
- House rules form an integral part of the rental agreement. They contain additional conditions relating to the respect of silence (no practising outside the prescribed hours!), garbage etc.
- Subletting (including via sites like AiBnB) without prior explicit, written consent is strictly forbidden. Violation of this rule entitles the administrator to seek the immediate termination of the rental agreement on behalf of the Foundation..
Termination of the agreement
- Termination of the rental agreement is only possible against the end of a calendar month. The notice period is one month. This entails that when a tenant sends a termination notice half way through a month, the agreement will terminate at the end of the following month.
- At the end of the contract the object must be returned clean and in a good state. ‘Good state’ means in at least the state the object was accepted in at the beginning of the contract term.
- The administrator has the right to inspect the object at the end of the contract term.
Administration and maintenance.
- Administration and maintenance: Recourt Makelaars, Leidsegracht 50, 1016 CN Amsterdam, telefoon 020 – 627 50 11, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The tenant is responsible for small maintenance. This includes amongst other things the inside paintwork and the floor covering.
- Please contact the administrator for all questions or complaints related to maintenance.
- All tenants living in self contained flats (see point 10 above) and who meet all further requirements and conditions formulated by the Dutch tax authorities could be eligible for rent benefit. Please check Belastingdienst.nl for more comprehensive information and the application procedure.
- Please note that in order to apply for the rental benefit you will need to supply both the rent and certain service costs. These service costs are not equal to those mentioned in your rental agreement. In case of doubt the tenant may contact the administrator.
- All matters related to the rent benefit (including application, granting, reimbursement etc) are the exclusive responsibility of the tenant. Possible assistance in filling in the application by (a representative of) the Foundation or the administrator does not alter this situation.
- Until a maximum of two years following their graduation, only graduates of the Conservatory of Amsterdam may, register for the waiting list for an alumnus apartment.
- The number of available alumni apartments is very limited.
- The following is required for registration:
a. application email to email@example.com specifying
III. Date of birth;
IV. Email adress;
V. Mobile number;
VI. Date of graduation;
b. payment of the registration fee of Euro 25.- on account number: NL 16 INGB 0001463753 in the name of Vereniging Vrienden van het Jan Pietersz. Huis, Amsterdam, reference: ‘waiting list’ and the name of the alumnus;
- The registration is valid for a period of one year. If the student wishes to remain on the waiting list, each year he or she will have to make a further payment of Euro 25,- prior to the expiry date of the registration.
- For the avoidance of doubt: it is possible that the alumnus will not be offered an apartment within the maximum registration period of two years.
- A vacant flat (hereinafter: object) will be offered to all students on the waiting list in an email. The email will contain the address, size, rent, date of availability and -if possible- further information. In some cases additional conditions are applicable, such as age, type of instrument, approval by existing tenants etc.
- Alumni will be asked to send a motivated application letter. The evaluation criteria will be explained in the offer.
- The email will also contain a reaction deadline. This term will be applied strictly.
- All applications will be evaluated by a committee.
- The committee decides to whom the flat will be offered
- The offer will contain a reaction deadline. This term will be applied strictly. The offer is automatically withdrawn if it is rejected or if no (timely) reaction is received. In such case the committee will nominate another alumnus.
- Contracts will be concluded for a maximum term of five years.
- Termination of the rental agreement is only possible against the end of a calendar month. The notice period is a minimum of three months.
- Points 11, 12,15, 16, 17, 18, and 20 to and including 26 are equally applicable.